My Dog Ate Peach Pit

My Dog Ate Peach Pit. Read more dr scott nimmo dog veterinarian 23,596 satisfied customers i have a large siberian husky. This is because peach pits contain cyanogenic glycosides, a type of cyanide.

Dog ate sock? What Did My Dog Swallow? Herepup
Dog ate sock? What Did My Dog Swallow? Herepup from herepup.com

In order to be released, dogs must either chew the pit or ingest broken pits. Watch him closely for signs of distress. She ate one peach pit over a week ago that fell on the floor before my sister could grab it.

Dog ate sock? What Did My Dog Swallow? Herepup

No, you should never feed your dog windfall fruit. Peach pits can cause choking, gastrointestinal obstruction or cyanide poisoning in dogs. Symptoms of peach pit poisoning. And, of course, peaches should only be fed in moderation.